This Den Kit was collated to facilitate a child-led Forest School curriculum, complement and reinforce classroom learning and develop children’s thinking skills by offering challenge and managed risk.
What's in the kit?
- A hefty haversack made from cotton webbing which may be washed in the machine. It has a useful shoulder strap for easy carrying.
- A tough camouflage tarpaulin - waterproof as well as rot resistant. Approx size 2.4 x 1.8m.
- A durable groundsheet - waterproof and rot resistant. It has eyelets too, so can double up as another tarpaulin. Size 1.2 x 1.8m.
- A beautiful, unique and functional wooden mallet fashioned from coppiced wood and complete with bark - made by us here in Shropshire.
- Sip a warming drink in traditional camping style with our iconic, branded enamelware mug.
- Ensure you don’t lose your tent pegs by keeping them in this useful drawstring, cotton tent peg bag.
- 10 metres of strong, natural jute rope.
- 8 holdfast steel tent pegs; made for us in the UK.
- Helpful tips and den-building inspiration on a handy, saveable sheet.
- North, South, East or West? Every explorer needs to know where they are in the world, and which way is home - with a reliable, quality compass.
- Capture small insects for inspection and identification without causing them any harm, with our insect aspirator. This clever device allows the user to harmlessly catch and contain insects by suction.
- Every explorer should own a piece of camo netting! Approximately 2.4 x 2m. Shake it out and drape over anything to create instant camouflage.
- Camouflage face paint in khaki and brown - washable, cruelty-free and made here in the UK.
Warning! Not suitable for children under 3 years. Long cords and small parts. Strangulation and choking hazards Functional sharp points. Adult supervision necessary due to small parts and sharp tools. Recommended for children 6+